Monday, September 26, 2011

Getting to Know You!

We have been so blessed lately to have so many new families and couples move into our ward.  I have decided that a good way to put a name to a face and to get to know our new sisters better is to do "get to know you" blog posts.  Once or twice a week a new sister will be spotlighted that has recently moved into our ward.  I'm really excited about this and hope you are too!  Today we are getting to know....



Name: Shannon Marie Pope

Birthday: August 8, 1992

Birth Place: Plano, Texas
  
Favorite singer/band:  Taylor Swift

Favorite Color: Green

Favorite Book: A Land Remembered

Favorite Movie: Pearl Harbor

Favorite food and dessert: Artichokes and All desserts!

Hobbies: Soccer, Reading, Volleyball,

Favorite vacation spot: England

What are the different places you have lived? Texas, Maryland, Connecticut, Clermont, FL and now Tallahassee

Schooling: Got my associate's degree at Lake Sumter Community College while I was in high school. I am in my senior year at FSU and going to graduate in Spring 2012 with a Bachelor's in History.
  
Favorite quote: "If you can't stand your problems, try kneeling."

Favorite Scripture: Moses Chapter 1.

Shannon with her husband Jeff.  They were recently sealed this past Summer 

So when you see Shannon at church say hello.  Maybe sing her a Taylor Swift song, one of my favorites that you could sing is "Picture to Burn" or "Romeo and Juliet."  Ask her what A Land Remembered is about, I know I'm pretty interested.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment